Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Flattered Bonney: Part 1


A few weeks ago I was given a great honor. Two of my favorite gals in Fort Worth, Lauren Essl and Anna Routh, asked me to participate in a vintage photo shoot they were planning for Lauren's new Etsy bridal shop. "Great!" I said. "What will I be doing? Styling?"

"Modeling."

"Uhhhh. What?"

As someone who fought, stretched, begged, and prayed to reach 5'2" -- never succeeding -- I could not have been more shocked. But fortunately for us all, the ladies of yore were all about my size. So the shoot was on! After a whirlwind day featuring five dresses and six locations (and a frightening turn for the windy), Lauren styled and Anna photographed these vintage dresses perfectly. Here are a few of the images that have started popping up on the internet these days.


The first location was the Fort Worth T&P Station, an architectural masterpiece in grand art deco style. It was perfectly suited for a late 1930's/early 1940's gown of flowing silk and hand-sewn lace.



The second gown was so reminiscent of Julia Roberts at the end of Runaway Bride that I couldn't help but running down Magnolia Avenue as fast as my vintage boots would carry me.



The dress had gorgeous details -- perfect for a colorful Texas wedding!


There are more pictures on Lauren's and Anna's websites, and I will be posting more thoughts and descriptions of the loveliness later in the week. But for now, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. love it! you are just so beautiful. i'm so grateful to you and Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete