Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Little Musical Experiment

II made a widget! Thank you to Steve Griggs for teaching me about technology and enjoy the song I am sharing! This is a band that I discovered in a e-letter from a local concert hall. "Beach House?" I thought to myself. "I like literal beach houses. So colorful! So full of sand! I'll check it out." What I found is a beautiful record--Teen Dream. This is the last track from the album, and it leaves a good feeling behind... much like a weekend in an actual beach house. Fancy that. And enjoy! Then be sure to check out Steve's website, "Here's What I Hear," for some intelligent musical conversation.

5 comments:

  1. Also, I'm currently obsessed with Empire of the Sun's "Walking on a Dream." Love new tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment didn't post...gr. I said something like, "I love Beach House!" and suggested you give Broken Bells a listen. It's a collaboration between the lead singer of The Shins and Dangermouse. I've liked everything from the album I've heard so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay third time is a charm? Have you heard Broken Bells? Lead singer of The Shins+ DJ Dangermouse. What I've heard is pretty good! Hopefully, this comment will post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the one? http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Walking+on+a+Dream/1Bwai6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to recall "Walking on a Dream" showing up on my little mixie-poo. Curious, Tyler (Miss Stuckey, is that you?), very curious... ;)

    ReplyDelete