Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where I Have Been

Oh wow, dear readers. October and November have been two of the busiest months since graduating. Weddings, working, traveling, and a 10 kilometer run have made it a little difficult to concept creative, inventive, and unusual posts. And even now, all I can think of is the excitement that has passed these weeks. But instead of doing a traditional (and dull) journal, please enjoy a few haikus!

Beginning of October
Epicurean.
Lived it up with M & M.
Glee and hamburgers.

Olives, cheese, and bread,
Manhattans we did consume.
Who bought me that beer?

Wedding in Tennessee
Driving in the rain.
Zaxbys made a good last meal,
Thought I'd die in car.

Todd and Sally wed,
D'burg was alight with joy,
bowling and bad bars.

Halloween
Max is from a book.
Bookish costumes don't win first--
When you're crossdressing.

Weekend in Austin
Cheer and a cheeseball
in the shape of a pumpkin
And late night tacos.

Perfect vacation.
Halloween is all the time
For weird Austinites.

10K Military Mud Run
Mud runs are so hard.
Not on legs, but sinuses.
My nose ran real far.

Going to a concert with a cold. (Due to aforementioned Mud Run)

Edward Sharpe concert.
The Palladium Ballroom.
Fell asleep on floor.

Well, dear readers, that pretty much sums up my life. I will return to blogging more regularly, I promise! In the meantime, tell me of your life (in haiku form, of course). A haiku is simply a line of 5 syllables, followed by a line of 7 syllables, followed by a line of 5 syllables. For more information of the nuance of a haiku, visit here. Best haiku gets a cookie!






5 comments:

  1. I have 3 comments:
    1. I your second haiku in "Beginning of October," and not just because I'm one of the aforementioned "M"s
    2. I'm honored my cheeseball was mentioned
    3. The word "cross dressing" is not used enough in haikus. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween is my fave! Here is mine:

    Physics all the time;
    Computer code is broken
    Where is my cigar?

    or

    For grad school I write
    Chaotic applications.
    Goldblum I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life, a new city
    potential for great new things
    hope I can make it

    +

    small, goat-like, bearded
    sleeping 16 hours a day
    get a job, bum-dog.

    +

    permanent comment
    what if someone prints this page
    a published poet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell me a story
    about yo g-ma's warthog.
    do you have the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. O sister of mine
    A haiku huntress by day
    Panda buff by night

    My life in haiku:

    Pecan trees and me
    Used to be affectionate
    Now it's leaves of wrath

    ReplyDelete