Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"You make me feel good like a rock & roll band, I'm your biggest fan, California" -Joni Mitchell

Dear Readers,

 

I (of course) must begin this edition with an apology. I always go too long. But, this Bonney post is definitely worth the wait! In the past month, I have loved, lost, moved, and... traveled. Yes, indeed,  I traveled to the beautiful state of California for the first time. And what better place to start than San Francisco? Winding streets, delicious food, fragrant sea air, and a good friend to share it all. What a time. I would write for days about my experiences, but as they say in Italy, "Al contadino non far sapere quanto è buono il cacio con le pere."  Oh wait. That's "Don't tell a peasant how well cheese goes with pears."  

What is it I am trying to say? "El que quiera pescado que se moje el culo?"  Wait... that is Spanish for "Anyone who wants fish should go get his/her butt wet." Darn it.

I know there was something. What was it? "Un petit dessin vaut mieux qu'un long discours."  Ahh yes.  French for "A small drawing is better than a long speech." Well, I don't have any small drawings, but I do have some pictures, taken by the lovely and talented Caitlin Montgomery. Forgive the gratuitous use of my image. I just happened to be standing in the way of the view most of the time.


Muir Woods
is pretty gorgeous.
Don't you agree?

I'm now thinking about the possibilities of making that tree my permanent home. 

 

The next day, we went the other direction and saw the sea. The only sight that rivals the astounding Redwood is the Pacific Ocean. Scraggly coastline and twisting caves look out onto a blue expanse. 

Concrete has never been so lovely.
Taking flight!
Pottery cave.
Opens to yellow splendor: 
Not too shabby, eh?

Remember to play. 

And never be daunted. A good lesson for the month. Or life.

 

Caitlin, your pictures are beautiful, as are you. Thank you for being an inspiring friend and a perfect hostess. I can't think of a better way to see California.


 



7 comments:

  1. Awww! How sweet. And you are in so many of the pictures because you're so dang cute. What's happening to cut off the sides of the pictures? The sluuuuuuuuug has been compromised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, that anonymous post was me.

    -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I know I need to fix them! It will get done this weekend, I am just going to have to link them all. Drat.

    AB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your coat is fab. So is that tree. This makes me want to move the San Fransisco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so Mary Tyler Moore in the green coat pics :) gorgeous dahling gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete